Thursday, July 2, 2009

My purse


My purse is the subject of much banter from my sweet sister. Once, she lifted my bag and I believe her words were, "GOOD EARTH!?! What do you have in here?"

Everything.

And I mean that. I have anything and everything in my bag. But you never know when you might need a highlighter.... or a post-it note... or lotion... or headache medicine... or a toy to keep a cranky kid quiet.

And let me just tell you that my bag-o-goodies came in handy when Kennedy and I were waiting in Quick Care this weekend for an hour. When she started feeling better and was getting bored, I whipped out a notebook and three different colored highlighters and it was art time, right there in the waiting room.

So I thought it would be a fun exercise to see exactly what's in this thing. So let's play.... What's In The Bag?? Please hold your laughter until the end.
Make-up bag (contents: lip gloss - 3 shades, lip liner, eyelash curler - which can also serve as a toy to a one-year-old, mascara, powder, chapstick, fingernail file, fingernail clippers, tease comb)

Planner with lots of paper, lists inside

Blackberry - when it's not in my hand, it's in my purse in the side pocket for easy access

Keys - also a toy for a baby

Cuticle oil pen

Tampons

Post-it notes

Oil blotting sheets

Business cards in pretty little silver case

Gum - usually two flavors

Tic tacs - usually two flavors (which also came in handy when in waiting room with K)

Headache medicine

Sharpie(s)

Highlighter(s)

An array of pens and pencils. I like to use different writing utensils, based on my mood.

Scented lotion

Wallet - with the obvious items inside

Kennedy's prescription lotion for her severe dry skin

Brush

Ponytail holder and bobby pins

Sunglasses

Camera and adapter cord - you NEVER know when you will need to take a picture of something for the blog!

Snacks - now, I usually only have snacks and mini bottles of water when I'm headed out with the kids. Otherwise, they get squished and inedible.

Tide-to-Go pen

Individually wrapped Anti-bacterial Wet Ones

........ There you go! Do you think I'm missing anything?

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

WOW! And I thought my purse was bad, but I completely understand the need for it all!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, they always ridicule until they need something, and then they're glad we're so prepared! Did you carry all that stuff before you had kids? Because I have no kids and I still have all that stuff. :)