Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Decorator challenged

I am seriously challenged when it comes to decorating... my own house, that is. I can walk into someone else's house, arrange furniture, accessories on shelves, pictures on the walls, etc. But looking at my own house - I draw a blank. I have no idea what to do. Maybe it's because we have had our "stuff" for so many years that it's not new and exciting. Who knows.

What I do know is that I need help. This is where Amber would have come in and taken over. That girl had THE BEST taste. And it wasn't always expensive taste. She had a knack for being able to take an old run-down table and refurbishing it into something beautiful. She was going to help me recover the seats on my bar stools and the seats in Susie's dining room chairs.

Anyway, I have been looking through catalogs for inspiration. There is one particular wall that I don't know what to do with.
Obviously it needs window treatments and I think I have an idea of what kind of treatments I want, but they would need to be custom-made. My mom can sew and I'm hoping to get her help - but if you have any suggestions, please let me know!
These walls are .... okay. I have rearranged the "stuff" in my bookcases a few times. I'm still not sure if I've got it right. And of course the kids' toys make it difficult to have a well-designed room. Could someone please send Nate Berkus or Vern Yip to my house??

No comments: