Friday, July 24, 2009

"Do we need to call Mrs. Fran?"

Apparently Kennedy thinks I don't clean.... ever. She's right... kind of. I like to keep the house tidy... no clutter, counters wiped down, pillows fluffed, toys put away, etc. But I don't like to clean. Okay, I take that back. I like to clean, but I don't have time to clean. Chris and I both work full-time and when we're not working, we spend time with our kids and friends. The LAST thing I want to do is clean. Besides, how could I possibly clean with people in the house asking a bunch of questions, wanting a snack, needing a diaper change... you get the picture. I would have to pick up each room before I clean it and it would get destroyed immediately after.

So the one thing I begged Chris for when we moved into our fresh, brand new house - was a housekeeper. I have had one for six months. Fran comes every two weeks because I just can't afford every week. While she doesn't clean as thorough as I would clean - it's clean nonetheless.

So the point of my story: Kennedy doesn't think I clean at all because this week, Roscoe had a little accident on the floor. I looked at the mess and said, "Oh no.... yuck!"

Kennedy, with her sweet, innocent face, looked at me and said... "Mommy, do we need to call Mrs. Fran?"

No comments: