Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Girlfriends

Having girlfriends is so important. Friends you can laugh with, let loose with, speak your mind with, be goofy with... you get the picture. You need friends who will let you be who you really are. Over the years, I have had "friends" (guess I should call them people-I-know) who weren't really friends. We didn't say how we really felt and we didn't talk about how complicated our lives had become. Everything was perfect on the surface. But behind closed doors, they were totally different people.

I know people don't want to air their dirty laundry and I respect that. But there's nothing like sharing our troubles with someone who has been there. Being able to validate our emotions and have a close friend give advice, a hug, or BOTH.. is one of the best things in the world.

I share these wonderful things with Susie and Shelley. No matter where we are in our lives, we know that we can pick up the phone and call each other. We know that when we get together for a girls weekend, we'll probably talk non-stop about anything and everything.

I love these girls.

No comments: