Thursday, July 16, 2009

A bad day

Some people put on a façade and pretend their lives are perfect, even when they are at their darkest hour. Some people want you to think they have it all when they’re suffering inside. I have never been one to hide my emotions like that. But on this blog, I almost always post the happy, wonderful aspects of my life. I do prefer to focus on the good because that’s the kind of person I am… or at least it’s the person I try to be.

But some days are bad days.

Some days, I have so much to do that I feel like I might explode. Some days, I seriously consider snapping at co-workers. Some days, I am so distracted that I make mistakes in my job. Some days, I just want to scream in frustration. Some days, I worry about making ends meet as we try to sell our house in Texas. Paying two mortgages with bills is extremely stressful. Some days, I fight with the people I love the most. Some days, I get snippy with my kids for no other reason than my crankiness. Some days, I eat way too much cake as a way to get over a bad day.

Today was one of those days.

All those things that happen on “some days” – happened today. I had so much to do and not enough time to do it. Mistakes at work, frustration with co-workers, stress over money woes, fight with my best friend, snippy with my kids, a crime scene in the kitchen with cake.

Yup – I’m not perfect. I’m never going to be. I’m not going to try to be perfect either.

But at the end of a day like today, I do my best to let it all go. Chris sits next to me on the couch, pats my leg and makes me laugh. I snuggle with the kids, listen to them giggle at each other in the bathtub, and I remember that life is short. Bad days will happen, but there will always be more good days than bad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen! Good thing we have the bad days that make us realize how awesome the good days (and any day that is not bad) really are! Sorry you had a poopy day, but at least you have a great weekend ahead!