Friday, August 28, 2009
1. Work - busier than ever! So many projects, so little time. But that's boring stuff, so I won't delve into it here.
2. School - well there are two updates under the "school" category. One for me and one for Kennedy. We'll start with the little princess first. SHE STARTED KINDERGARTEN! She loves her teacher, Mrs. Ward, and she's already talking about her new friends. She has light homework assignments each night and enthusiastically finishes them right when she gets home from school. At the moment, Chris is taking her and picking her up from school. We think kindergarten is too early to ride the bus... maybe when she asks to ride? She'll start being embarrassed by us soon enough.... I want us to take her to school as long as she'll let us. As for me, I had my first graduate school class last Monday night and it was very interesting! I have a lot to read, though. That scares me because I rarely have time to read a magazine, much less Shakespeare! But I will find the time, I'm sure.
3. Brady - Oh sweet boy. He is pointing to things when he wants them. He says, "BYE!" and waves. He can blow kisses and he can point to his nose when you ask him where his nose is. He is melting my heart every day. 4. My birthday! I turned 32... oh joy, oh bliss. Birthdays are not the same as an adult as when you're a kid. I did, however, have a great night out with my closest friends. I love it when we all get together...
5. Brady got his first haircut. He was SO well-behaved! Not scared at all... Brady and his daddy got haircuts at the same time. Precious!
6. After Kennedy's first week at school, she and I took a girls trip to Little Rock to see our sweet little Lauren! It was her 2nd birthday and we had a great time with my sister and her family. We cannot wait to go back!
So we're in full swing this fall with a new Elementary school for Kennedy, Brady in the one-year-old class, Kennedy in gymnastics, me in grad school, Chris starting to travel more, and I'm doing my best to keep afloat!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
I drove to Eric's house last night and followed him on his neighborhood path. Maybe it was the different route; maybe it was because it was pitch black outside; maybe I was trying really hard to keep up even though that's impossible because he runs WAY faster than I do.... I'm not sure what the reason, but I ran my fastest 5K time ever! Eric swears it's exactly 3.1 miles.
I finished in 32:40. I know that's not a PR (personal record) to brag about... a lot of people run A LOT faster than that.
But here's how it compares to other races I've done:
Samaritan Spirit Run 2007 (first official 5K): 37:42
Uptown 5K 2007: 37:10
Mudbug Madness 2007: 35:10
Autumn Breeze 10K 2007: 1:06:26 (This was my first 10K; I was 7 weeks pregnant!)
Great Pumpkin Run 2008: 34:37 (Note: STILL shocked by this time. It was four months after I had Brady!)
Revel Run 2008: 34:29
Uptown 5K 2009: 35:05
These were the races with chip times. I don't remember the races that didn't offer chips. So I'm pretty proud of myself! Onto the next run.....
Friday, August 7, 2009
My, oh my, what a road we have traveled together - literally. I never thought I'd wear out a pair of running shoes, but here we are at the end of our journey together. I bought you in the spring of 2007 as my first official pair of running shoes. You definitely served me well. I started running with you in my Couch-to-5K training program, with the help of Coach Susie. Just a few months later, I was taking you all over town to run 5K races. You helped me finish my first 10K in the fall of 2007. You and I were both sidelined for a little while when I was pregnant with Brady, but after he was born - we reunited and started running again.
Monday, August 3, 2009
On the day of her birthday PARTY for the girls, she was dressed and ready to go. Of course, mom had to match, too! We had a pottery painting pottery. Thanks so much to our friend Emily Welch, who came up with the idea, the kiln to fire the pottery, and the hook up on some wholesale products!