Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Team in Training, Part 2

There's a new team in town! Team in Training is expanding in the Shreveport area and our group - Team Believe - is proud to be one of the reasons. After our event in Nashville, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society conducted an advertising campaign through radio ads and mass mail. Many of our trusty Team Believe folks were at the information meetings and low-and-behold.... we have a new team!
Not everyone is pictured here at our first training run on Saturday. Our trusty coach, my BFF Susie, was out of town. She and Ford have agreed to be the team coaches, which is exciting because I know they are great coaches. They coached me on my first half marathon!

I am serving as a mentor to this group.... giving fundraising advice and being a rowdy cheerleader to help them in any way I can. It's the least I can do for LLS and Team in Training. Even though our event and fundraising is over (for now), our group really wants to continue to contribute to the cause with our time and awareness.

Go Team!

No comments: