Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Circle of Life

I noticed a bird's nest in a tree in our front yard this weekend. I quickly called Kennedy outside to show her the discovery. We talked about birds and how the momma bird lays eggs and they hatch and little baby birds come out.
She is scared of animals and didn't want to get too close... so I took a picture for her so she could see them without having to get too close.

The momma bird was not happy that I was getting close to her babies. I talked to her and told her I just wanted to show my baby bird the amazing circle of life! I kept telling her to calm down, I wasn't going to hurt them. Chris said, "Wouldn't you be squawking if someone was trying to hurt your babies?"

Damn right I would!

So I hopped out of my chair and left her alone. I'll be keeping any eye on the little family since they've taken up residence on Shumark Trail.

No comments: