Friday, May 22, 2009

Shumark Trail bird family update

Our bird family is starting to show more life! I saw movement in the nest yesterday afternoon and slowly approached to see if the birds were mobile yet. They were!! So I ran inside to grab my trusty camera and a stool so that I could get a good look at the baby birds. I accidentally shook the tree a little when I climbed up and OUT popped their little heads ready for food! How cute!

And just like last time when I was trying to be a National Geographic-type photographer and take pictures of this amazing site, the momma bird flew up and squawked at me. So I gently backed down and left her family alone.
I am just enthralled by this little family we've adopted. Seeing the miracle of life in other species is something I've never really witnessed before. I've never been around a momma dog when she had puppies... I've never seen a litter of kittens with their mom. So watching these birds go from little fuzzy creatures to "toddler" birds who can fly from the nest lifts my spirit. And I guess it's because it reminds me of what's going on with our family.

We have a little girl who is growing up quickly and showing more and more of her bubbly personality every day. And we have a son who will turn one in just a couple of weeks who lights up the room when he smiles.

So while the LaPierre family grows inside the house... just outside our front door in our little tree, the Shumark Bird family grows as well.

No comments: