Thursday, May 21, 2009

Letter to my son

Dearest Brady (aka "boog"... "sweet pea".... "scooter")...

Starting off my day by snuggling with you gives me such joy. I enjoyed the same time with your big sister Kennedy when she was a baby and now, at four years old, she is more interested in having breakfast or turning on the TV first thing in the morning.

But when I walk into your room in the morning and you are standing up in your bed and holding onto the rail, I just can't get to you fast enough. I scoop you up in my arms and hold you as close as I can. I kiss your sweet head and smell your hair because the scent of both my babies is the sweetest smell in the world.

I talk to you about your night and though you don't talk back, you look at my face and sometimes will raise your hand to grab my nose or hair. I pick out your clothes for the day, all the while snuggling you up to my chest.

The snuggling used to last a bit longer, but now that you're crawling everywhere, you usually want to be put down so you can get on your merry way.

Thank you for snuggling with me in the mornings. It's the best way to start a mundane Thursday.

Love always,
"Ma ma ma ma ma ma"

No comments: