Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"Swan" flu scare

After fighting a fever for 24 hours, a rarity for Kennedy, we went to the pediatrician. To have Dr. Mack tell us she needed to be tested for the swine flu made me panic a little.

I started racking my brain to think of people she could have come in contact with who might have had the swine flu... and no one came to mind. The ten minutes of waiting for the test results were torturous.

We colored and talked.. talked and colored...

I texted Chris, which sent him into a panic.

Dr. Mack came back into the exam room with the good news. She did NOT have the flu, type A or B. WHEW! That was a scary experience! Dr. Mack said he had to test her because her white blood count came back so low from her labs. (They drew her blood and let me say, she does better with needles than I do!)

We got in the car and headed home. The first person we called was Chris and I handed the phone to Kennedy for her to deliver the good news.

"Hi Daddy! Guess what? I don't have the SWAN flu!"

No comments: