Thursday, June 11, 2009

Why I blog a lot

My sister noticed that I am blogging a lot. Yes, I am addicted to blogging. But there is a reason behind it. After my friend DeAnn showed me her blog book, I squealed with excitement!

BLOGS CAN BE PRINTED AND BOUND INTO BOOKS!

I used to keep a journal, but handwriting entries takes quite a bit longer. I can type very fast (thank you mom for MAKING me take typing in high school, against my will), so I'd much rather sit down at the computer, type up a quick entry in my "electronic journal" of sorts and then print a year's worth of entries in a book for my kids to read. They probably won't be interested in the stories until they're adults and have kids of their own, and that's okay. I know I would cherish any stories my mother had to share with me from my childhood. As it is today, we tell stories and look at photographs and reminisce. But in 30 or 40 years, I won't remember exactly every detail of the kids' birthday parties... or their first day in a new school... or any of the day-to-day stories that I recall on this blog.

And so I write.... and write... and write some more. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it. And more importantly, I hope I am giving my kids and future grandkids a glimpse into my thoughts and feelings about anything and everything.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

how do you print the blog entries? Just like hit print at the top of your page or can you print each one individually? I'd really like to print mine.