Friday, June 12, 2009

One Year

One year ago today, our lives changed.... again. When Kennedy was born, we had no idea what we were doing. We were brand new parents without a clue. This time was completely different. I knew what to expect. I was prepared for the sleepless nights, poopy diapers, and the spit up.

But I wasn't emotionally prepared for the announcement that it was a boy. What a joyous moment for us. I had a scheduled c-section since I had a c-section with Kennedy. I went into the hospital very early that morning, dressed in my extremely attractive hospital gown, had my IV drip, and was ready to be wheeled in. Just a few hours later, I heard the gentle cry of a baby.....

The most memorable moment from the delivery was finding out that it was a boy. Chris, who was in the delivery room, had his mouth covered with a face mask for germ protection. All the doctors in the room had forgotten that I didn't know if it was a girl or boy. Chris was whispering what the baby was but with his mouth covered, I had no idea what he was saying. I kept looking at his face and saying, "What?? What is it??!!" After about three times of Chris whispering the news, the anesthesiologist said to the other doctors, "Would someone please tell her what the baby is???" Of course after hearing it was a boy, I burst into tears and thanked God for such a healthy baby boy... 8 lbs 11 oz of sweet boy.

It was an awesome moment and I just can't believe it's been a full year. Brady has been such a joy to watch change over the past year. He's starting to look more like a little boy and not a baby. I think boys look like toddlers faster than little girls.
So one year behind us, and I just know that it will keep getting better and better.

Happy 1st Birthday Brady!!

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

I still can't believe that you carried such a big baby!!!! And still had perfect hair :)

Happy Birthday Brady!