Thursday, June 11, 2009

Swimming Lessons

Bonus feature of our neighborhood: A POOL! Having a pool in the neighborhood is going to be great during our hot Louisiana summers. We will be able to walk over to the pool, take a dip, and then come home and not have to worry about the maintenance of having one in our backyard. Having our own pool just seems like a lot of work to me!

But before we can dive in, Kennedy needs to learn how to swim. She took swimming lessons when we lived in Plano, but hasn't taken them since. So we're a little behind, but I'm hoping with her being older, she'll retain it.
Unfortunately, my sweet baby girl (who is scared of everything) has been timid in the water. Even with floaties, she's scared. She started swimming lessons Monday and she seems to be responding very well to the lifeguard instructors. I think she listens to them better than she does to me. We go every night for two weeks straight and then hopefully she'll be more confident and at the very least, but able to dog paddle and not cling for dear life to me! I want her to have fun in the pool and not be so scared. We shall see!!

No comments: