Monday, June 15, 2009

Boston Red Sox Birthday Party

It's no secret that Chris is a Boston Red Sox fan. So what better way to celebrate his son's first birthday party than with a Red Sox themed party at the ballpark?
It was hot as blazes, but that didn't stop the kids from running around the field, playing tee-ball and catch. The parents lounged in the shade, understandably so. I think it was 93 degrees at lunch-time!

Brady was such a handsome birthday boy, sporting his Boston Red Sox outfit from Aunt Kelly in Maine. We had a special bib for him since he is still drooling uncontrollably. Yes, you read that right.... "Yankees YUCK!" We will forgive Uncle Ford for wearing his Yankee shirt and hat to the Red Sox party. Uncle Ford is a die hard Yankees fan... blasphemy in the LaPierre house! Can you tell by Brady's expression that he is utterly shocked??
We grilled hotdogs, had peanuts and cracker jacks and ice cold drinks. Brady was hungry and scarfed down two hotdogs (minus the buns). My sweet boy has yet to meet a food he doesn't like. I am extremely grateful for this because his sister is quite the opposite.

And then, the big moment. C-A-K-E! Chris made the cake and I decorated it. I was happy with the way it turned out! But Brady didn't care what it looked like.... just what it tasted like.

We are blessed beyond measure to have such great friends and family. Some co-workers brought their families, too. The Arnold family was there (with kids Anden and Cole), the Fiser family (with Jessica and Olivia), and the Fentress family (with Peter and Dorothy). Two of the three Stinsons were there. Rebecca and Brian were at home with their sweet newborn Sophie.

My sister, Trey and my angel niece Lauren drove down from Arkansas. My parents, Nina and Papa, were there.
And I honestly consider these next folks part of my family:




I'm sure you've heard the saying, "It takes a village to raise a child." I believe that! We have two kids and rely heavily on our "village" for support. I do have a hard time asking for help, but these people provide so much emotional help, and they love my kids as if they were their own.

So once again, Happy Birthday to my sweet boy!!! And Geaux Red Sox!!

No comments: