Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sunday .... Family Fun Day

I love Sundays. Absolutely... 100%.. LOVE Sundays. I get everything done I need to get done to prepare for the work week on Saturday. (...minus those last minute loads of laundry, of course). On Saturday, we run errands, we shop for groceries, have play dates, whatever it is that we need to do - we do it all... on Saturday.
Because on Sunday.... ohhhhh Sunday, how we love you.... we rest. We spend quality time together - just us four. We may not physically lay around all day (like Chris and I used to do before kids... THOSE were awesome Sundays), but we rejuvenate ourselves with activities that we don't have time for during the week.

As with most families these days, our weekday routines are pretty crazy. We rush around, work/school, eat on the go, quick bath time, read a book, throw the kids in the bed and then Chris and I veg out in front of the TV and practically shut off our brains. It's not a bad thing, it's just the way the weekdays happen. That's the life of two working parents. Don't get me wrong - we have a very good life! It's just hectic.

But on Sundays, we look like a different family! We rest our minds from television. We restore our energy for the week by playing games or riding bikes. We take a few minutes and make a batch of brownies. We snuggle (my favorite). Snuggling with the kids is one of my absolute favorite things to do. Rolling around on the floor with Chris and the kids is one of those activities that just totally renews my spirit.If the weather cooperates, we play love to play outside. I cook a family dinner. I really enjoy cooking, but it's hard to do with a near one-year-old who wants to eat the minute we walk in the door .... and a picky four-year-old. Since we have a little extra time on Sundays, I try to cook a real meal.

So Sunday, we love you. We miss you. We wish you would come around every other day or so because it's nice to just hang out with you. See you soon!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Sundays are awesome!

and you are blogging up a storm!