Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

I have a special place in my heart for my daddy. In fact last year on Father's Day, I wrote a column for The Shreveport Times talking about how a dad doesn't necessarily have to be a blood relative to be a loving father. Daddy adopted me and my sister when we were very little. My biological father died when I was only five years old, so I never really knew him. There is no doubt in my mind that my life would not be as wonderful as it is today without his guidance.

And because of that guidance, I met and married the most amazing man I could have ever imagined. I truly believe God led me to Maine in 1999 where I met this wonderful man. We have been married for eight glorious years and have two amazing children together. Chris is such a loving father. He plays in the floor with the kids, chases them around the house, lets them crawl all over him. He helps me around the house doing laundry, taking the kids to and from school. Working from home has allowed him to help me around the house and for that, I am eternally grateful. I am so in love with this man and I believe we are soul mates.

So on Father's Day, I am blessed beyond measure to have an amazing father, an unbelievable husband, and an adorable son who I know will share these same qualities as his daddy and "Papa" when he grows up.

No comments: