Wednesday, October 28, 2009

One House, Two House, My House, Your House

The title of my post sounds like it should be a Dr. Seuss book. Wasn't there a book title about "red house, blue house?" Well I do feel like I've been playing a cat and mouse game with homes.

The LaPierre family is celebrating ONE YEAR (can you believe it's been that long?) in our awesome home in Bossier City. I absolutely love our home. I couldn't be happier with where we live, our neighborhood, our neighbors (best friends, included). Living there is everything I'd hoped it would be. Call me June Cleaver, but I wanted sidewalks and a street full of kids playing... neighbors who come outside and visit while the kids ride bikes in the street... block parties... a nearby top-notch elementary school... you get the picture.

The best part of our house... is that I'm back home. I missed Louisiana. There are some strange and crazy things about this state, but I love it. Where else can you get a daiquiri at a drive thru window?

Now, to the "two house" part of this post. We are SO CLOSE to closing on our house in Plano. The contract expires this Friday. According to our realtor, they are working fast and furious to get all the paperwork ready. I have temporary power of attorney for Chris because he is in Vegas all week, so there SHOULD be nothing stopping us. At that point, we will be the proud owners of ONE house!

Seriously, after nearly three years of living here - it's about time we got rid of that place. I say that with bitterness in my tone.. yes, yes I know it's the house that Chris and I made home for five years. I also know it's the house we brought our daughter home to. But truly - it's cost us so much time and money... so it's time for a clean break.

Here's hoping!!

No comments: