Friday, October 16, 2009

Learning to Read


Kindergarten suits Kennedy well. As her teacher tells me, "Kids this age are like sponges!" They take in everything and enjoy school (most of the time).
One night this week, Kennedy brought home a small book that Mrs. Ward had given her. Each of the kids received one... it was one of those learning-to-read small books with basic three-letter words in it.
We all crawled into her bed and she read the entire book to us! She sounded out the words, smiled from ear to ear, and definitely understood what she was reading because she answered the "reading comprehension" questions at the end.
I am so proud of her! She is learning fast! Before I know it, she'll be reading Judy Blume books ... oh wait, that was my generation.
I'm sure she will share the love of books that Chris and I have.

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

We are SO getting her twilight for her birthday :)