Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Evenings

What is it about spring evenings that make me smile? Last night, Chris fired up the grill and open two ice cold beers for us... I made hamburger patties and sat on the porch while the kids played. It was one of those moments where I was soaking in all the goodness around me. Brady loves playing outside, so we lounge on the back porch as much as possible right now while it's warm!

So as I was sitting in my chair, I looked at my kids sitting at their picnic table and thought.... "How blessed am I to have these two wonderful babies in my life? (Hush, I know Kennedy is 5. She is STILL my baby and always will be!)

And then I was checking out the cute hiney on my husband and thought... "What a lucky woman I am to have THIS man in my life (with a cute butt)."

After our dinner on the back porch, Brady got a little dessert - a bright green Peep from his Easter candy. This child LOVES those things. He practically swallowed it whole.

And then, we went to the front to watch Kennedy roller skate. Considering this girl is a complete scaredy cat about EVERYTHING, I was super pumped about her rolling around on the concrete.

(Disclaimer: she has been practicing for weeks! It took her a week to get brave enough to get off the grass!)
So spring is here and we are enjoying every minute of it! Before we know it, the temperatures will be burning us alive at nearly 100 so we will enjoy every minute of this!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great evening! So pround of Kennedy for getting off the grass!