Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Books with Brady

The past two nights, all this sweet boy wanted to do is read books. Book, after book, after book, after book.....

We migrate to his room or the office (where the bottom shelf is jam-packed with books) and we start reading. We read at our normal bedtime routine - we read to both kids - but Monday night, two books turned into eight. But how on earth do I tell those puppy dog eyes that we can't read anymore. Uh, you DON'T! You keep reading!

Tonight, he crawled into my lap with his truck book. (Note to self: Buy Brady some BOY TOYS! Kennedy's hand-me-downs are not fun for him anymore. He is interested in trucks and dinosaurs!) So he climbed into my lap and kept saying... "More?" So more books did this tired mama read.

But as I think about the endless "to do" list (clean kitchen, pack bags, grad school homework), I purge my brain of all things unrelated to this sweet face and our books... because before I know it, he'll be graduating from high school and I'll be begging for these snuggle days again. So two books or ten - we'll read until he passes out.

(Kennedy - if you are reading this, you were outside playing with your friends! Snuggling with mommy is NOT high on your priority list these days...)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Don't worry, Kennedy will come around. I'm 22 and have no shame crawling in my mother's lap!