Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The joys (and smells) of motherhood......

When Chris is out of town, it's NUTS during the morning routine. We have to leave the house much earlier than usual, which typically means I have to wake up the kids. This morning, I started waking up Kennedy and then went to finish getting ready... and left Brady to sleep for an extra 10 minutes. That meant I would just pluck him from the warmth of his bed and throw in the car... PJs and all.

One quick tangent: He has been eating A LOT of apples lately. A lot = 2 or 3 per day. On top of that, he is learning to drink from a regular cup so he drinks tons of water. He likes to practice big-kid-cup drinking.

SO - since he is eating lots of apples and drinking lots of water - yup! You guessed it! Lots of poo! This morning was no exception. The first thing he told me when I walked in his room ... "Poo poo!" But there is no time to change the diaper before we get to daycare. Kennedy will miss the daycare bus to Legacy, so we hop in the car and go. We get to Cypress Run, I get Kennedy to her room and then head to Brady's room. Don't worry - I wasn't THAT parent who dropped off a poopy kid in his pajamas. I changed his clothes and his *NASTY* diaper and got him settled in before I dashed off to work.

When I got back in the car, I took a deep breath and started my 30-minute drive to work. It's a part of my day that I actually enjoy. Me and my 30 minutes can just enjoy the quiet. But on this drive, I was not enjoying myself because of the wretched stench! I was blessed/cursed with an amazing sense of smell, particularly from pregnancy on. I can smell a fart a mile away. So when I couldn't get Brady's nauseating poo smell out of my nose, I rolled down the windows a little bit to circulate the air. When that didn't help, I wondered if the poo had leaked in his car seat. Nope. Then it hit me - it was ME! I pulled my shirt up to my nose and.... WHAM!??! I started to gag.

Apparently the stench had seeped through Brady's pajamas and rubbed off on my clothes. You KNOW it was a strong smell to be able to transfer from one piece of clothing to another. SERIOUSLY!?!!

By the time I figured out where it was coming from, I was half-way to work. Being the only store open before 8:00 a.m., I held my breath (literally) and walked into Walmart to buy a shirt to wear to work. Ten minutes later, I walked out with a $3 shirt and a little treat for myself.


Happy Wednesday!!!!! (I think.......)

2 comments:

Tracy said...

*LAUGH*... *GAG*... Oh, I just got the heebee jeebees... *shudder*.

You are the second, "poop on mommy" story I've read this week!

good times... good times.

Deni said...

Awesome! The things I have to look forward to! I love that you bought a $3 shirt at walmart! I'd have done the same thing sister! Hope the day gets better!