Monday, April 19, 2010

The Ballet with my Tiny Ballerina

This is Kennedy's third year of dance and this year, we are taking classes at the Shreveport Dance Academy, which is where the Shreveport Metropolitan Ballet gets many of their dancers. I, not being a dancer, had no clue that THE ballet was housed through this academy! Lucky for us! AND - even better was this season's feature was The Wizard of Oz! Kennedy loves the movie... (remember she was Dorothy for Halloween?). So of course I bought tickets as soon as I could, which put us on the second row. My sweet girl was SO excited!


Okay, mom was a little excited too! Kennedy loved every minute of the show. She got up at intermission and walked down to see the orchestra. She waved to the musicians. Her eyes lit up when Dorothy danced across the stage. She clapped at all the right places. It is such a joy to see her happy.
Conveniently on the way out, we saw DOROTHY!! Kennedy begged me to stop and get her autograph... I suggested we try a picture instead. She stared at her, looked at her ruby (ballet) slippers, and smiled SO BIG!
On the way out, I asked Kennedy if she wanted to dance in a ballet like The Wizard of Oz one day. This is how the conversation went.

Mom: "Do you think one day YOU would want to dance on stage like that?"

Kennedy: "I think so, but I might be scared and shy...."

Mom: "When have you ever been shy?"

Kennedy: "Well mom, that would be a very hard performance."

Whether or not Kennedy decides to continue dancing as she grows up, she will always be my bright eyed, NOT shy daughter.

No comments: