Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Week

I am a semi-creative person. SEMI. I can copy most of the projects I find. I consider myself a good copier. Original ideas? Ummmm, not so much. So imagine my delight when I found this crafty blog eighteen25 and all its wonderful craft projects!

Here's the thing. Craft projects I am willing to tackle must follow these rules:
1. Require ONLY inexpensive supplies
2. Need only basic tools (like scissors and glue... nothing crazy like scrapbook die cutters)
3. Be able to complete in one afternoon

It's not that I don't enjoy a weekend of craft-making goodness... it's just that, uh - I don't have time! Remember the whole 40-hour job + 2 kids + grad school. It's sad really... because I often channel the spirit of Martha Stewart. I love, love, love flipping through her magazines.

Okay, onto the project from eighteen25 - Teacher Appreciation Week! We love Mrs. Ward, so doing something unique for her was a no-brainer. Look how cute!


So you get one of these divided boxes from Wally World and fill it with matching goodies - paperclips, magnetic clips, CHOCOLATE!

Then on the box top, you wrap the outside with gros grain ribbon FIRST, so that it gets glued in with your paper. You cut the scrapbook paper to the size of the inset on the top of the box - and glue it on. The you add your teacher's name with letter stickers.. and PRESTO! Unique gift!!

My directions were very basic (remember my craft rules? BASIC! EASY!)
Get the complete directions from my friends at eighteen 25 here! Enjoy!!
And to all the teachers in my life, thank you for all that you do to make this world a better place!

No comments: