Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kindergarten Year

My Dearest Kennedy,

I cannot believe your first year of school is over. I remember your first day of kindergarten last summer when you proudly put on your crisp new navy and gold uniform and you gently held my hand as I walked you into your class. You were a little timid walking in, not knowing anyone or what to do. I did not want to cry in front of you, but you can see it in the pictures your daddy took of us that I was tearing up.

Now you walk right in with no fear.. with your ponytail swinging, your backpack secured to your back with your homemade lunch inside, and the biggest smile on your face. You wave goodbye and on the rare occasions when I am able to take you to school, I can feel "that" feeling in my throat like I want to tear up again. You look so SMALL up next to those BIG kids and even BIGGER school. But you are not afraid. You are confident and happy... and the most amazing daughter. Each day that passes, I love you more and more.

Your kindergarten year has been one that I will always cherish. Your teacher, Mrs. Toni Ward, is a loving, patient, and truly gifted teacher. I will do whatever it takes for Brady to have her in a few years.

(Okay Jennifer - don't start thinking about Brady going to kindergarten... the tears will definitely come flowing then!!!)

Kennedy - you have had an absolute blast this year. You had Rodeo Day, Dr. Seuss Christmas, pajama day, Halloween dress up, Field Day, graduation, and many more events that have helped you grow and blossom into a bubbly little first grader. Last night, we snuggled in your bed with about 500 stuff animals surrounding us and we looked at every page in your first ever yearbook. What a special moment that was to me. You pointed out your friends, teachers you knew, and we talked about the fun you have had this year.

My sweet "Lil Bit" - I love you more than you will ever know. I cannot wait to see what First Grade brings!

Love always,
Mom

No comments: