Friday, May 14, 2010

Catch Up

To say that I am tired is an understatement. It's SUCH an understatement that I decided to look up the thesaurus to find better adjectives:

"petered out" .... "burned out" .... "broken down" .... "wasted" .... "haggard" ... "tuckered out"

Okay, you get the picture. Exhaustion has set into my lil body and I will need several naps this weekend to keep myself from turning into an emotional puddle of poo.

So in very few words (because writing another sentence makes my head hurt), here's what's been going on in the LaPierre house:

1. Lots and lots of playing outside. The kids LOVE to play outside, so every night - we head out to ride bikes, write each other love notes in sidewalk chalk, and play in the sprinkler.


2. At an impromptu Monday night BBQ, we had the chance to see all of our North Bossier friends (and some new friends that Leann has known for quite some time). Rarely do we all get a chance to get together with all the kids. It's a little hectic, but fun to see the little ones play together.


(My daughter never met a camera she didn't like..... but we all know that. I love that she is so confident!)

3. Kennedy helped me plant some flowers to freshen up the front flowerbeds. We even bought her some seeds to plant her own little flower in a terracotta pot. She is trying to remember to water it. It's hard when there are more fun things to do like play outside, jump on a neighbor's trampoline, run through the sprinkler........

4. This week, our sweet girl graduated from Kindergarten. Chris said they don't do this type of thing in Maine, so I explained the whole deal. His question: Do they do this EVERY year? Since she "graduated" from pre-school last year and kindergarten this year, it's a legitimate question. Thank goodness the answer is NO! We'll see in her a cap and gown again in about 13 years when she graduates from high school. I have a feeling those 13 years will FLY by.

5. We celebrated my BFF's birthday at a very high-end restaurant in town. I was excited because Susie is a very low-key private person, so we have done very small birthday celebrations the past two years. This year, she was ready for dinner with some close friends. Oh - and a birthday tiara and sarepta are always fun!

6. Kennedy's ballet recital is this weekend. We had threeeeeeeeeee dress rehearsals. Pictures from the stage coming after the weekend.

7. This picture just might say it all......... HELP!


In the midst of all the spring activities, I wrapped up my second semester as a graduate student. This term, I took Organizational Communication and studied General Motors and Toyota. My research was comparing the two companies in the middle of their crises to determine who is winning the public relations war. It was very interesting, but extremely difficult to keep up with the daily updates to the story since both companies are in the news regularly. So, at the end of the semester, I wrote 7,000 words on the subject. I managed to finish at 3:00 a.m. on the day it was due... and the hard work paid off. My professor gave me a 100%.

No rest for the weary though. I have to catch up at my paying job. And summer school starts in two weeks. Please send caffeine in large quantities!

No comments: