Sunday, January 10, 2010

Single moms

I have a deep appreciation for single moms out there. When Chris travels, I do the best I can to balance working my "paying" job while keeping my composure with the "non-paying" job of mother/cook/housekeeper/chauffeur, etc. The ONLY way I am able to survive is knowing that my amazing husband (who does SO much around the house) will be coming home in a few days. Otherwise, I'd go bananas!

This trip was over the weekend. YIKES! (Translation: Must Find Entertainment!) Luckily, Kennedy had her first ballet class Saturday morning so she was thrilled all morning. Nina and Papa came over for the afternoon and offered to watch the kids while I grocery shopped. (HUGE BONUS! Shopping in Walmart with two kids = suicide! "Mommy - I want candy!" "Mommy!" "Mommy, Brady won't stop drooling on me!")

Thank you Nina and Papa for saving my sanity!!!!

We had a nice family dinner and then this morning, church. Now, laundry, cleaning, naps, getting ready for school. I managed to make it through the weekend just fine. I might pass out from sheer exhaustion, but to all you single moms out there who do this on a regular basis - HATS OFF TO YOU!!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

You have a beautiful family :)