Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Victory Dance

A very wise person gave me an extremely valuable way to approach my first half marathon:
"This is just your victory dance.
The months of training is over and that's the hardest part!
This race is just your victory dance!"
She was right.
Today's race was absolutely amazing. I wasn't nervous, as I usually am before any race, not matter how big or small. I was pumped up and "dancing" at the starting line.
I finished in 2:28:40, which was within my goal time of 2:30:00.
No injuries or blisters.
Only one small 15 second walk break at 11.5 miles.
And yes, I cried like a baby when Susie and I finished.
A full race report to come... after a good night's rest!

2 comments:

Candace said...

Congrats, Jennifer!!! That's awesome!!!!!

Piratebobcat said...

Awesome...Way to Go!