Wednesday, February 18, 2009

8 months and 84 years

The past 8 months have flown by. I haven't always felt the time was flying, like when Chris and I were trying to get him to "latch" in the early weeks... or when "B" would cry for no reason... or when we got up for the fourth or fifth time in the middle of the night. But now, he's sitting up and eating baby food. He's grabbing toys and laughing at his "sissy" (as we call big sis Kennedy). He's ticklish and an overall happy baby.
When Kennedy was about this age, we sat her outside on the lawn with Roscoe, our resident elderly dog, and took this exact same picture. My sweet dog has been with me since 1997, which for those of you counting - is longer than I have been with Chris. He will be 84 years old this spring and you can tell he's slowing down. His arthritis makes it hard for him to get around. His hips are stiff. His ear infections are hard to keep clear. But Roscoe has been with me through some pretty tough times in my life and I consider him my first child! Yes, he has his quarks like refusing to go inside his dog house we built for him. But he's my 84-year-old baby, just like my 4-year-old baby girl and my 8-month-old baby boy.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Too cute! I feel the same way about my puppies even though I haven't had them quite as long. Your kids are precious...all 3 of them!!!

Tracy said...

Oh, Pico! He's so sweet, God bless his little heart. And I just love looking at Brady's BIG eyes! Seriously, when can we see each other again? I need to squeeze his chunky legs. :)