Monday, February 16, 2009

Being a Phi Mu

Being a Phi Mu as an alumna is unbelievably different than being a Phi Mu as a collegiate. There are the obvious differences. In college, I was interested in the parties, collecting party shirts, fraternity guys, and staying out as late as possible. Now, as a member of an alumnae group, I am more involved in the philanthropy and the sisterhood of Phi Mu. I was the president of the alumnae chapter in Dallas and now, I am advisor of the collegiate chapter at LSUS. It's been an amazing experience for the past two years and I have truly come to love these girls as my little sisters. I enjoy giving them advice and going to Leadership Conference with the Executive Committee. Last year, we went to Houston (I was VERY pregnant) and this past weekend, we went to Memphis.
I may be ten years older than these ladies, but I really am just a 20-year-old at heart! I truly cherish these young women.

No comments: