Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful... for 100 miles logged

Today, I felt like a grown up. Chris and I hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year, our new house. We cooked the turkey, rolls and desserts. My family brought the rest. We entertained eight people and three kiddos and had such a good time. It was a lot of work, but totally worth it to host our first official holiday here. It's been a long time coming and I know my mom appreciated the break! Now I cannot wait to put up the Christmas tree and celebrate our first Christmas in this house! Making memories is one of my favorite things....
After everyone left and things started to quiet down, I took the opportunity to go for a run. As I logged my four miles as part of my 1/2 marathon training - I pushed harder than I have in quite some time. I clocked 4 miles in 44 minutes. Normally I run 12 minute miles, but there were songs on my iPod that motivated me to push harder and faster. During this run, I logged my 100th mile since Brady was born. Before I got pregnant with Brady, I never kept track of my miles. But with the nifty Nike+ chip Chris gave me for Christmas last year, I have been tracking my miles since I started running again in September.
100 miles.... wow.
I'm thankful for the ability to run.
I'm thankful that Chris watches the kids so that I can train for the New Orleans race.
I'm thankful for the motivation to keep going, even when I don't want to.
I'm so very thankful.

1 comment:

Piratebobcat said...

That is awesome!!! Keep it up!