Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Prayer

I believe in prayer. I believe that talking to God and "handing over" my worries is a valuable tool in my day-to-day life. It's not always the first tool in my toolbox when I am stressed or overwhelmed, but it is something I do on a regular basis. I am teaching Kennedy about prayer, too. Her prayers tend to be conversations about events as if she's telling God what happened during her day, which I think is precious.

I have been praying a lot lately. There is a lot to pray about. My friend Amber, who is struggling with fever and infections in ICU right now. She has a rough road to recovery.

I am praying for my friend Mercedes, who delivered her twin boys six weeks early and they are both in NICU in Dallas right now. They, too, are fighting infections and have premie complications. Her days are spent by their side in the NICU and her nights are spent at home with her husband and her other two boys.

I am praying for my friend and co-worker Viki, who's father suddenly passed away on Monday from a heart attack. She is pregnant and dealing with this major loss in her life and so I pray that she is able to heal and remain calm for the sake of her baby.

There is a somber feeling in my heart these days and I think it is because of the tough times people around me are going through. I have a tendency to internalize things and take on other people's feelings. I am an emotional person under "normal" circumstances, but I have been even more emotional lately thinking about the challenges life can bring us. I have had my fair share of challenges in my life, but nothing like what these friends are going through.

I pray that God will protect them and help them all heal.

No comments: