Thursday, November 13, 2008

Half-marathon... oh my!

"Never say never."

I told my best friend Susie I would never run more than a 10K. I accomplished that goal last year just a few weeks after I found out I was pregnant. After that race, I had to stop running because I couldn't keep my heartrate at a safe rate for the baby.

So about three months after Brady was born, I started running again. I am only up to about four miles now (approaching 100 miles total since I started back), but........ I have gone and decided to become one of "those" runners.
Call me crazy, but I have signed up for the New Orleans Mardi Gras Half-Marathon on February 1. I am working the Hal Higdon Training Program, which is 12 weeks - exactly enough time between now and the race. If I'm going to do a half-marathon - why not do one that is fun and in one of the best cities in the world?

My only goal is to finish... no time goal at all. Just pure fun!

3 comments:

DeAnn said...

You can do it! And just think you will have to beat my time on Jan 18th!

Piratebobcat said...

Awesome! The Hal Higdon training regimines are very good. I want to run that too!

Kelley said...

Jenn that is awesome!! I am so proud of you! You will totally addicted after this:)