Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sleep

I have come to realize that sleep is not a right, it's a privilege. For the past nine weeks, I have been sleep deprived because of the sweet cries and hunger pains of my baby boy, Brady. But those cries aren't so sweet when I hear him "calling" around 2:00 am. Just in the last few nights, Chris and I have finally gotten B to only wake once a night. And I am optimistic that B will start sleeping through the night very soon! Kennedy seemed to sleep through around the two-month mark, but as I hear from everyone - each child is different.

So last night, my wonderful husband let me sleep all the way through the night. (Thank you honey!) It's only the second or third time I have gotten more than 3 or 4 hours straight since Brady was born. So you'd think I would feel recharged today with 7 hours under my belt, but the fact is - I need more sleep! One night just didn't do the trick I thought it would. In fact, a co-worker bluntly told me today, "You look tired. Are you okay?" Maybe I need more concealer. Maybe I need some caffeine. But what I really want is precious sleep.

No comments: