Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Today is my sweet niece's FIRST birthday! I can remember driving up to Little Rock when she was born. Unfortunately Kennedy and I did not make it there in time for the actual birth, but we were there a few short hours later. My sweet sister did not know she was in labor and when she finally got to the hospital, the doctors performed a C-section because she was breeched.


This is Lauren with her "Nina" - which is what Kennedy named my mother when she was learning to talk. My mom wanted to be "Nana", but Kennedy couldn't quite say that. "Nina" came easier and that has been her name ever since.


This was taken in May and she's already changed so much! We are celebrating her birthday this weekend. New pictures of her smeared in birthday cake to come!

No comments: