Monday, August 25, 2008

"Cousin Lauren" Turns One!

My niece Lauren turned one last week and we celebrated this weekend at Nina and Papa's house. She is so precious and a spitting image of my sister. I feel like I'm holding a pint-sized version of Tracy when she's in my arms. As with most first birthday parties, the ceremonial mini-cake was placed on her high chair. Needless to say, she LOVES cake.
Seeing Lauren grow over this past year has been such a joy. I only wish I could see her and my sister more. (Trey, too!) They live in Little Rock, which is only 3 hours away, but traveling with children can be tough. The amount of "stuff" you have to pack makes it hard to pick up and leave for a weekend trip. So we see them when we can, but secretly - I pray that God will lead them to Shreveport soon. I know my parents would love that. And I would love it more than anything. My sister and I have not always been very close - we have different personalities and different interests. But becoming mommies has brought us together in a way that I cannot describe. We have that understanding when talking about late night feedings... we trade parenting tricks... complain about daycare workers. I not only have a wonderful sister but a best friend. And her daughter, Lauren, is very blessed to have such a wonderful mother.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Now you've gone and made me cry! Thank you for the sweet sentiments. You are truly a best friend.

Melissa said...

Hey Jennifer! I "blog-stalked" you from Tracy's blog. Your kids are so cute! I'm glad I got to see pictures of Lauren's birthday party, too. I'm with you...they need to move to Shreveport! Looks like things are going well for y'all.