Friday, August 22, 2008

A little embarrassed....

(Photo By: DeAnn Arnold)

If you know Kennedy, you know that she is not a shy child. Nothing embarrasses her. She sings everywhere she goes, including public places. I do not discourage this because I want her to have fun in everything she does... if possible. She never meets a stranger and often walks up to people and says, "Hi! My name is Kennedy!" So you can imagine my disbelief this morning when I saw her BLUSHING for the first time.

We were walking into her school this morning and ran into one of my co-workers whose son, Alex, is in Kennedy's class. After the usual good morning greeting, he said, "Kennedy, did you kiss Alex yesterday?" Kennedy said, "Noooooo..." When the teacher walked by, my co-worker friend asked the teacher if it was Kennedy or Kennley, another little girl in the class. The teacher smiled and looked at me, "Yes, it was Kennedy!" When we got to Kennedy's class, I asked her to point out Alex to me since I couldn't recall which little boy he was. He looked at me and Kennedy and rather loudly said, "Hey! Kennedy kissed me yesterday... TWICE!" And thus, my child blushed for the first time. She was smiling so I was relieved that it didn't hurt her feelings that Alex made this announcement to the entire class.

Of course, I explained to Kennedy that we can hug our friends, but kisses are reserved for family only. I haven't told daddy this story yet. I imagine when he reads this post, he'll have some feelings of his own..... :)

1 comment:

Kristin Fiser said...

That is classic! I think you need to post a pic of Alex and Kennedy. I am cracking up. Kristin