Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year... new approach

I felt a major transition in myself towards the close of 2008. It started when we moved into our new house. I could tell that life was about to be different for the LaPierre family. We became a family of four last summer and at six months old, Brady is a pretty easy baby to take care of. I enjoy every minute I have with him. Kennedy is a bubbly personality who could have fun in a paper bag! Chris worked a lot from home in the fall. Life = fantastic.

But I didn't begin to appreciate it until some of my friends began to deal with some monumental challenges in their lives. A friend had a miscarriage. Another friend was diagnosed with Leukemia and fought a hard battle for a month month before she passed. Another friend had twins who were diagnosed with a developmental disease that will only allow her boys to live to be 5 to 7 years old. Another friend is struggling through divorce.

So how did I get so lucky? Why me? While I don't know what is in store for me and my family, I do know that EVERY DAY I look at my life and feel extremely blessed to have such healthy children, a husband who loves me, nearby family, and friends who I cannot live without. I have felt like this for the past month or so and I hope I continue to feel like this through as much of 2009 as I can. I know life gets hectic, but I will try to not sweat the small stuff... because life is too short to not enjoy every second of every day.

No comments: