Monday, January 5, 2009

My dearest friends

We often refer to ourselves as "902"... from our glory days of living at 902 Dogwood in Ruston. We even have scarves and cups with our infamous description. We might also refer to ourselves as the Golden Girls or Sex and The City girls. But whatever we call ourselves, we are truly best friends. I am extremely grateful to have these amazing women in my life. True friendship is hard to come by.... but we three are pretty lucky to have shared so much over a 10-year period.

What I love most about our friendship is that we all are so different and in different places in our lives. I've been married for nearly eight years and have two kids. Susie has been married for five years and is enjoying life without children. And Shelley is getting married in just a few short weeks and will be a step-mom to three wonderful kids. And even with these very different lives we live, we still act like we're 20-something from our days of college.

I have a feeling that when we're old and grey, we'll still be acting like we're in our 20s.

No comments: