Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Future Mrs. Greene

I have known Shelley Anderson for 12 years and on February 28, 2009 - my dear friend will become Shelley Anderson Greene. She is marrying the perfect guy for her. Rick treats her like a queen and while it was a long road to get to this point, I can see the lasting love that has grown over the years.

Shelley amazes me because she has patiently (most of the time), waited for the right man to come along. Every girl has their idea of the perfect guy, the perfect wedding, the white picket fence. Shelley was no exception. She knew what she wanted and wouldn't except anything less. I admire her for sticking to her guns. That's what makes Shelley the person we all love.

What's even more amazing is that she will be a step-mom to Rick's three kids. Twin boys (Manning and Driscoll) and a sweet girl (Kate Douglas). It takes a big heart and a lot of patience to become a step-mom, but Shelley has tackled this head on. She loves those children with all her heart and they absolutely adore her as well. Kate Douglas (Kiki, as Shelley calls her) will be a junior bridesmaid in the wedding... so precious!

I have no doubt that Susie and I will be crying during this ceremony. As her matrons of honor, we will be standing behind our best friend in awe of the person she has become.

"Be calm, only by a calm consideration of our existence can we achieve our purpose to live together

Be calm

Love me today - yesterday - what tearful longings for you - you - you - my life - my all - farewell.

Oh continue to love me - never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved.

ever thine
ever mine
ever ours"

~ Ludwig van Beethoven

No comments: