Thursday, October 2, 2008

So close...

We are so close to being in our new house that I am GIDDY! The nerves in my stomach are out of control right now with excitement (and a little uneasiness) about moving! It could also be the stomach virus that is making its way through my family.

But I really believe it's the apprehension with taking on another mortgage with higher bills/insurance, etc. As I have mentioned on this blog before, we have lived as renters since we moved back to Shreveport. It hasn't been a bad thing - just extremely cramped. We have been able to save a lot of money and with the economy as shaky as it is right now, I'm terrified about having two mortgages (even though our house in Texas is rented) with two children in daycare. I keep hearing about these families who are losing everything and I try to calm my nerves by telling myself that Chris and I do not have poor money management. My dad just might disown me if I hadn't learned anything he taught me!

We have spent the last two years working to get ourselves financially sound before building this DREAM house we have been wanting for the past four or five years. So....
#1 - No credit card debt. CHECK!
#2 - Insurance for everyone/everything we own. CHECK!
#3 - Down payment for house. CHECK!
#4 - Saving for retirement. CHECK!

So what do I have to worry about? I just want to make sure that we can provide for our children and don't fail them in any way. My family is the most important thing in the world to me.

No comments: