Monday, October 6, 2008

Mondays

I'm not a fan of Mondays. Why? A typical work day for me:

2:00 a.m. - I hear Brady fussing. He's going through a growth spurt and is hungry all the time. I feed him and get back in bed.

3:45 a.m. - I am still staring at the clock. I am thinking about the crazy week ahead.

5:45 a.m. - Alarm goes off... race to shower before B wants to eat again.

6:00 a.m. - I get out of shower and hear Chris talking to Kennedy and Brady. The house is officially jumping. TV on, Chris giving B a bottle, and I'm racing to get ready. I'm lucky that Chris is home this week and is taking the kids to school today.

6:30 a.m. - Get Kennedy breakfast (in between me doing make up and drying hair). Chris is tending to Brady, who just took a big poop, which leaked on his PJ's. I start putting on make up while eating a bowl of Cheerios and reading e-mail on my BlackBerry.

6:45 a.m. - Chris gets in the shower; I keep one ear open for Brady, who is swinging.

7:15 a.m. - Wave goodbye to Chris, Kennedy, and Brady as they walk out the door and head to Cypress Run.

7:45 a.m. - I grab my excessively-large purse, BlackBerry, LSUS magazine edits, newspaper, and Diet Dr. Pepper. Drive to work.

8:00 a.m. - Start catching up on the 50+ e-mails I didn't want to answer this weekend; Learn that my budget is being spent on advertising that I did not approve of (frustrating!??!); Have to change contracts with two vendors because it's $0.01 over the amount allowed before it needs approval from the LSU System office (more frustration!).

8:45 a.m. - Race out the door to meet our mortgage broker to sign some preliminary papers.

10:00 a.m. - Back on campus; Answer more e-mail; answer voicemail; finish up LSUS magazine edits

11:30 a.m. - Race out the door to meet Chris at Sam's to shop for an HD television to hang over our fireplace in the new house.

11:50 a.m. - Chris heads to Best Buy while I go to Office Max to pick up tradeshow-type materials to set up a booth for LSUS at the Cyber Summit and the Shreveport Convention Center tomorrow morning.

1:00 p.m. - Grab salad at Chick-fil-A and head back to campus to eat at my desk.

1:15 p.m. - Enjoy a few moments with my BFF and scarf down lunch.

2:00 p.m. - Meeting with enrollment team

3:00 p.m. - Meeting with Chancellor and two Vice Chancellors to plead my case for some much needed assistance in the area of marketing!! I am doing media relations, public relations and marketing for the entire campus.

4:15 p.m. - Wrap meeting, head back to my office (where I can't see an inch of my desk because of the paper! I hate disorganization, but don't have time to clean this week. Maybe next week?)
4:30 p.m. - Everyone else on campus is leaving for the day. I continue to plug away, but realize that I do not have the materials from Academic Affairs that I need for setting up our booth at the Cyber Summit tomorrow. I pray the door is unlocked. It's not. Everyone has gone home. I try my key - SUCCESS! But wait, the boxes are too heavy. Head back to my office and grab the rolling cart. Head back to Academic Affairs, unlock it again and load my cart.

4:45 p.m. - Take loaded cart to my office where I have another dolly full of materials to get into my car. Office co-workers (including BFF Susie!) offer to help me load the car. I head downstairs to pull my car to the front of campus.

5:00 p.m. - Car finally gets loaded (not sure how with the small back seat); Head back upstairs to get my purse and magazine because my day isn't over yet!

5:10 p.m. - Head to Gremillion & Pou to meet with my account manager to go over magazine edits. Talk to Chris quickly on the way there to discuss dinner plans and the status of the kiddos.

5:20 p.m. - Arrive at G & P - get cracking on the magazine edits.

6:00 p.m. - Leave G & P; Head home to my family.... finally!!

6:15 p.m. - Uh oh... Brady couldn't wait to eat so Chris just finished feeding him when I walk in. I head straight to the kitchen to start dinner. Chris got the water boiling and the turkey sausage cut up. A great start!!

6:30 p.m. - Dinner is going and I run to our bedroom to change clothes. Kennedy is following my the whole time. She wants some mommy time.

7:00 p.m. - Dinner is served! The dinner table is full of boxes and packing materials since we are preparing to move into our new house in a few days. So we sit on the floor in the living room. Not ideal, but temporary.

7:20 p.m. - Dinner over; time to do the dishes. Brady is napping and Chris is researching consumer reviews on HD TVs. I finish the dishes and start making a lasagna for tomorrow night.

7:30 p.m. - Brown turkey in pan with garlic assemble pan of lasagna, cover with foil and throw it in the fridge.

7:45 - Start Kennedy's bath water. Tonight, she gets a big bubble bath with lots of pink bubbles! Chris comes in and takes over bath time. I head to the computer to research dog houses. Our new house needs a dog house for Roscoe.

7:50 p.m. - I grab the tape measure and head outside to measure our big doggie. His allergies are giving him fits and his ears need cleaning. I clean them out and give him a treat.

8:00 p.m. - Sit down at the computer to look up doghouses and decide to write a blog instead. Chris is putting Kennedy to bed tonight, so I get a few minutes of quiet (oh wait... Kennedy's cartoons are still on the TV. Reach for the remote... MUTE!)

Wow... I'm exhausted from writing it! And there are still a few hours left in the night... Brady will get a bath, another bottle, and we'll enjoy a little snuggle time. But that's worth every minute of my time!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I feel like I should type this in a hurry... in order to match your post... MY WORD, what a day!!! I pray your life slows down soon so you can take a deep breath!