Monday, October 13, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We had a lot of "firsts" this weekend. We officially own our first house in Louisiana! We still own a house in Texas, but we haven't lived there since December 2006. I cannot believe we have lived here that long and have been renting! The building process wasn't easy, but it was worth it to do it the right way: pay off debt, save for down payment, and build a house the exact way we wanted it. We couldn't be happier right now and I can't wait to share our home with all our friends and family. The DAY we moved in, we had our first LSU game watching party. I'm afraid our friends might be superstitious about coming back to our house since LSU lost to Florida. Ouch.
I had my first glass of wine with friends during the game. We had our first pizza delivery to feed everyone.We had a great time, even though the Tigers disappointed the entire state! I absolutely love my new house. I love every aspect of it... the floor plan, the amount of space, the bonus room (that we will finish in the next year, hopefully), the back porch, our neighbors, EVERYTHING! Kennedy knows two girls on our street from her preschool. One of our next door neighbors has a four month old boy named Brooks. He and Brady are the exact same age. I expect them to be playmates very soon. And we have a retired couple on the other side who knocked on my door yesterday afternoon to let me know that my sprinkler was still running and she was concerned about my water bill. How thoughtful!
The kitchen is huge. The bathtub is massive and I already took my first bath in it Sunday night.
And Chris loves his new HD TV, which is now hanging on the wall. It feels like we're in a movie theater!
Life is great right now. Chris may be traveling a lot the rest of this year, but the kids and I have a REAL house to come home to. And we're just a few houses down from the Susie and Ford, affectionately known at our house as Aunt Susie and Uncle Ford.
I am blessed beyond measure and it may have been a long time coming, but it's finally here.... home sweet home.

No comments: