Friday, October 17, 2008

Boxes... boxes... and MORE boxes!

We are surrounded by boxes right now. Our garage is full of boxes and I am going through them slowly so I can get organized. I absolutely cannot stand the sight of clutter, so I am trying to do this the right way because I feel a nervous twitch coming on! I'm a little obsessive compulsive about it, but you wouldn't know that these days because we have been moving and I have been literally buried at work with large projects and deadlines. Look at my office! It's KILLING me!

But I think I will be able to finally get organized (at least at work) next week since the LSUS 5K is over.... (Susie and I were co-chairs again this year)...and the fall LSUS magazine is at the printer (I'm the editor).So I'm hoping that I can get organized at work next week. But getting organized at home is another story because I have grand plans of making sure all my Christmas decorations are in red/green rubbermaid tubs and Halloween in orange/black. Color coordination is ideal! I plan to make sure the attic is well-laid out so we will be able to find everything quickly and easily. I am already going through Kennedy's clothes and pulling out things she's outgrown and storing them for my niece, Lauren. Brady is already growing out of things and if my sister has a boy one day, I'm sure she'll want these items as well. PLUS, my sister is planning to have more children eventually, so I am saving the breast pump, snugly, Boppy, etc. All this will be neatly stored upstairs. I am also saving some of Kennedy's best art projects in a (clearly labeled) rubbermaid container. I also have Kennedy's swings and baby toys, which Brady is now enjoying, and will also need to be saved for future nieces and nephews.I do have some of our living room organized. I have neatly separated the DVDs in the cabinet by family member. Kennedy's movies, daddy's movies, my movies and workout DVDs (which are collecting dust!). I need to come up with some sort of system for organizing my shoes. I think I have about 50 pair. Any ideas?

When I said I was a little obsessive about this kind of stuff, I was serious. I thrive in an organized life... a life that I haven't been able to function in lately. This is my mission this weekend. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, and have fun! Creating order from chaos is one of my favorite things. :)