Wednesday, September 24, 2008

We miss daddy

Chris is on the road this week, in Orlando for business. I know he'd much rather be home with me and the kids, but it must be nice to have a small break from the normal (translation: hectic) routine. (He would NEVER admit that, though!) Deep down, I truly believe that he would much rather be lugging the kids to Bossier and back and having peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or frozen pizza for dinner - just to be with us. He always feels guilty when he leaves town and I always dread it when he leaves.

But the truth is, it's mostly a mental thing for me. I can get myself all psyched up for being alone with the kids all week, but it's really not that bad. Don't get me wrong, it's extremely hectic without him there taking one of the kids while I tend to the other. But if I tell myself to calm down and deal with one thing at the time, it's manageable! Dinner can wait a few minutes while I change Brady's diaper. Kennedy can get her own juice. I can bathe Kennedy while the Brady sits in the swing.

But there is nothing like having my hubby at home. Kennedy will ask for him everyday until he gets home. Thursday at 10:00 pm can't come soon enough!!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I know you are ready to have him back! And I STILL can't get over just how much Brady and Chris look alike. It is so cute!!!