Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Being a mom...

Five things I love about being a mother....

1. I love the way my kids heads' smell. Sound weird? If you're a mom, the answer is "no." I cannot help but smell their hair when I am snuggling with them. They each have a distinct smell. Brady still has the wonderful baby smell and Kennedy has a smell I cannot describe, but I love it.

2. I love watching Chris with each of them.


Earlier this week, I heard Kennedy laughing so hard she could barely breathe. I walked in and Chris and Kennedy were rolling around on the floor, laughing and tickling each other. It was a precious moment. And when Chris changes Brady, he gets him to give HUGE smiles. You can tell Brady is in awe of his father... already!
3. I love how my friends adore my kids, almost as much as I do. Many of our friends in Shreveport don't have kids yet, but they welcome my children with open arms. Kennedy loves seeing Aunt Susie and Uncle Ford, Becky and Brian, Eric and Amber, Kandi and Sneed.
4. I love raising our kids in the same town as their grandparents. Nina and Papa get to see the kids every week and I am extremely grateful for that.

5. I love the pride I feel when I tell people I have two children. Deep down, I don't feel like I'm old enough to have kids, but I graduated college almost ten years ago! The sense of pride I have when I say I'm a mother of a 4-year-old girl and a 3-month-old boy makes me smile, even just sitting here typing it. Being a mother gives me a sense of accomplishment ... more than my career... more than any monetary object. I am truly blessed and thank God for these two wonderful gifts.

No comments: