Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Hang in there Mom!"

I must have had a distressed/exhausted/overwhelmed look on my face this morning when I walked into Cypress Run to drop off my sweet kiddos.... because another dad took one look at me and said, "Hang in there Mom." I smiled, chuckled and kept walking in.

Maybe he just saw that I was struggling to hold onto both kids. Since cars were passing us on the driveway, I was holding Kennedy's hand to make sure she stayed close by.. and then I was also carrying Brady in his car seat. Bless his little heart - he was sleeping. So I'm hoping that's what prompted his comment because I certainly don't want to be one of those people who always looks like she's scouring.

Sure - I am tired, overworked, fighting a cold and a single parent this week... but I am trying very hard to look at the upside of things:
We are getting ready to move into our brand new house.
I have two healthy and wonderful children.
My husband and I have good jobs.
We are preparing for a visit from the LaPierre family in a few weeks.

So, note to self: Smile (or at the very least, have a pleasant look on my face).

No comments: