Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Zoe

In the last couple of weeks, I have noticed something.


Zoe has worked her furry little self into that place in my heart where Roscoe used to be. I will *always* have a place in my heart for Roscoe. He was with me during some really tough times in my life.

But I think it's taken this long for me to realize that it's ok to love Zoe the same way I loved Roscoe. I guess deep down I felt like I was betraying him.

I can tell Zoe loves me by the way she puts her head in my lap.... the way she follows me all over the house... the way she jumps up on her hind legs when I walk in the door. I still consider myself her step-mom, but step-moms can love their babies just as much as their first moms. :)


I am so happy Zoe joined our family. She is the perfect addition to the LaPierres.

(ps. Chris is just as smitten with her. I can tell by the way they play together after the kids go to bed...)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: