Sunday, March 27, 2011

Goaaaaaaaaaaal!

Kennedy has never been a rough-and-tough kind of girl. She never liked to get her hands dirty; never liked to play in the dirt; never touched anything "yucky."

She's been in dance for almost four years -- you know, the very girly, indoor activity? This spring, I signed her up for soccer. Partly, for exposure to team sports; partly for exercise; partly to rough her up a little.

We had her first game WITHOUT a practice. Huh? Yeah. For the girls who'd played before -- no big deal. For Kennedy -- well, let's just say that at the first kick, my sweet girl ran all the way to the goal .... but it was the wrong goal. Oops! (I laughed so hard!)

But over the past few weeks, she's truly developed her skills. She gets to do the corner kick, throw the ball into play when it goes out of bounds, and calls for her teammates to pass the ball to her.

I wasn't sure if she liked it, but this weekend -- she got the ultimate confidence boost.

SHE SCORED HER FIRST GOAL!!! Chris and I squealed in delight and absolute joy in Kennedy's accomplishment. And just a few minutes later, she blocked a goal attempt from the opposing team!!!





We are SO proud of her!! Looks like adding soccer to her activities was a good decision.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Deni said...

Way to go Kennedy!! I adore the pink uniforms (of course)!!!