Friday, March 25, 2011

Kennedy's Tremendous Spirit

Sometimes on Friday nights, we go out to dinner to wrap up our crazy week. Tonight -- we went to a catfish place and had hush puppies and boiled shrimp.

Kennedy and Brady were their typical chipper selves. We were laughing and talking; Chris and I were enjoying a beer. Kennedy was telling stories, being silly - as usual. Tonight, there was a moment where my sweet daughter amazed me.

She took out her coin purse, with 5 $1 bills and some change inside, and asked if she could pay for dinner.

I stopped dead in my tracks. My SIX year old girl wanted to pay for dinner. Wow.


I explained that she was EXTREMELY generous, but $5 wouldn't quite be enough. She asked how much dinner would be. I told her about $40 to $50. She gasped... and seemed crushed that she didn't have enough. She said, "But mommy -- I have $5! It's not enough, but can I at least pay $1.07?!"

I'm not sure where she came up with $1.07, but we let her leave the money. And we left a note for Jared, our waiter.


I hope Jared was just as inspired by Kennedy as I was. Hopefully he'll pay forward. :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Deni said...

There is obviously some good raising happening in the LaPrarie house!! :) Way to go Kennedy!